A gorgeous and inspiring resource on fermenting for cooks of all skill levels
120+ recipes for familiar and lesser-known cultured foods: Celebrated the world over for their health benefits and dynamic flavors, cultured and fermented foods are seeing and revival and are becoming everyday meal mainstays. In this extensive collection, fermentation pioneer Holly Davis shares more than 120 recipes for familiar—and lesser-known—cultured foods, including yogurt, pickles, kimchi, umeboshi, scrumpy, and more.
- Contains more than 100 photographs, helpful hints, and informational charts offering guidance on incorporating fermented ingredients into the diet.
- With a striking, luxe textured cover and engaging projects for amateur and experienced fermenters.
- Holly Davis is a chef, teacher, and co-founder of Iku Wholefoods in Sydney, Australia. Her expertise has been refined through 40 years of teaching fermentation techniques around the world.
“This brilliant book will take you safely on many culinary adventures.” —Fergus Henderson, chef and founder of St. JOHN Restaurant
- This cookbook will be the cornerstone of every preserving kitchen
- With recipes and tips to use fermented products alongside culturally related meals
- Includes recipes such as toasted sesame and miso dressing, crisp white radish kimchi, Indian lime pickle, kombucha, sea-salty crisp breads, black bean tempeh, grilled salt-cured fish, and more